Thursday, October 25, 2007

In Memory......

.... of Dave Abbott - General Manager of Stampin' Up!® Australia. Aged only 41, Dave passed away last week after battling a rare blood disease for almost a year. He is survived by his wife and 3 young children. He was like a father and a friend to the staff at Demonstrator Support, and was a genuinely lovely man. I had the privilege of meeting him at the Stampin' Up! Convention in May, and of speaking with him on the phone at Demonstrator Support when things were so flat out that the extra person manning the phones was a real help. He is already dearly missed.
In honour of Dave's life, Stampin' Up! are going to release a new Stamp set in November called "All in the Family", a set I have not yet seen, but I am told is very cute! All proceeds from the sale of this set will go to Dave's wife and young children to give them a helping hand.
I hope to have this set in my possession very soon so I can make some samples for you to see... plus, if you would like to buy it too, you know the proceeds are going to a very worthy cause. Watch this space for details.........

No comments: