Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Last days to get your Retiring Products!

Not long to go until the 2007-2008 Idea Book and Catalogue is gone forever... and many of the stamp sets are leaving for good! Some have already been sold out, so make sure you get your last minute orders in.... especially for In Color products! All the reinkers are gone, as are most of the A4 single colour packs of card stock. (There are still assorted packs).
Here is a wall hanging I have created for my Grandma... she is 92, and lives in my Aunty's spare room, so I'm hoping she has a wee wall she can hang it on! I found the wooden plaques ages ago really cheap, and have been wanting to do something with them.... so here is the result!
Click on the image to see it larger. It says: All you need is... Sweet memories, Good Times, Family, Friends, Love. Here are some close ups of a couple of the plaques....
I have used the Afternoon Tea Designer Series Paper to cover each of the plaques. The colours include Chocolate Chip, Groovy Guava (retiring), Soft Sky (retiring) and Wild Wasabi (retiring). It is BEAUTIFUL paper... it is available in the Summer mini catalogue, which expires on the 31st March too. I know for sure this paper won't be in the new Catalogue, because it has In Colors in it!

Another thing I have used a lot of for this project is the Rub-ons - Cherished Memories and Urban West are just lovely for this sort of thing as well as cardmaking and scrapbooking! Heaps of wonderful sentiments, flowers, flourishes and bits and pieces that finish off a project so quickly, easily and beautifully. With a black and a white sheet in each pack, there is bound to be just the right thing for your project!

Now the only stamp sets I used were Frames with a Flourish (NOT retiring!), and En Francais (also not retiring) but I have given the whole thing a vintage look by sponging Groovy Guava, Soft Sky and Chocolate Chip ink around all the edges! I also used the retiring Spring Bouquet punch and quarter inch circle punch, as well as some die-cut letters and dry embossing with my Cuttlebug. Pretties Kit flowers were died to match, and half backed pearls add an elegant touch. All hung together with Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon! I had so much fun putting this together! I will be making another one for myself I reckon!

Now, remember to email me with your final orders for this catalogue - and don't forget that some of the retiring items are discounted!!! Here is the link: http://www3.stampinup.com/au/ena/default.asp

Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

Ellen Woodbridge said...

That is a stunning wall hanging Cheryl. I am sure your Grandma wil love it.........

Alana Galagher said...

WOW - this is just stunning Cheryl. TFS :-)