Saturday, April 18, 2009

Well! Blogger seems to be cooperating today.... I haven't used the ribbon yet that is in the ribbon share (below) but I did create today - inspired by Angela Sargeant's card. My plan was to use
some of the appropriate ribbon, but it just didn't happen that way!
Here is what I made instead.
This is a little 10cm x 10cm card (well, 9.9cm x 9.9cm to be exact - you get three out of an A4 sheet that way) using Naturals Ivory card stock. A strip of the Bella Rose DSP punched with the Eyelet Border Punch is along the bottom, with an overlay of vellum card stock punched with the Scalloped Border Punch. Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon tied in a bow masks the 'line'. I have stamped the upper part of the Vellum on one side with the flower image from Bella's Bloom using Cameo Coral and Ruby Red Markers, and used the same markers plus Old Olive to colour the image direct to rubber of the flower on the stem. I punched it out with the Wide Oval Punch, and then taking Angela's lead, have embossed the whole thing 4
times with clear embossing powder to make it real shiny! I punched the Ruby Red card stock with the Scalloped Circle Punch twice, and layered the pieces over each other to make a scalloped oval for behind the oval shape. It does look like an antique brooch!
For this card, I used Not Quite Navy and Old Olive markers to again colour the flower on the stem and stamp onto Baja Breeze card stock. The Scalloped Circle punched twice in Not Quite Navy card stock makes the oval mat, and a piece of Urban Garden DSP is the strip across the card. Not Quite Navy is the base of the card with an Eyelet Border punched strip across the bottom. I had to use the double sided Satin Ribbon in Very Vanilla and Kiwi Kiss - it is so beautiful, and tied this card together so well! (no pun intended! tee hee) And I could not wait to get my hands on the new Designer Buttons... I have 3 (yes, 3!!!!) stuck across the top of the DSP on the left, 1 in Baja Breeze, and 2 in Kiwi Kiss.... Aren't they BEAUTIFUL! Just like what I used to find in Grandma's button box!
If you like these new (and old! - but mostly new...) products, email me to purchase your own, or book in your own workshop to earn them for free!
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Ness said...

And I was the lucky girl who received the Ridinghood Red card.....love it Cheryl!!!!
Thankyou so much xxx