Sunday, February 17, 2008

Classes, Sale-a-Bration and My Valentine




Hello Cyber Stampers! Hope your life in the real world is treating you well....

A few of you have commented how my blog has not been updated recently.... Sorry! My life in the real world has consisted of settling into the new year at school etc....


The Brayering class will now be held on Thursday 28th February at my place, at 7:30pm - I have a few spots left, so be quick to book in! It costs $10, and all materials are supplied. Coming up in March I also have a scrapbooking class and a photo wallet class, so watch for those dates to happen! For examples of Brayering, scroll down and check out the Moon at Sunset card.....


Sale-a-Bration is drawing to a close, with all orders needing to be processed by the 29th February, payments and all.... if you have been holding off, now is the time to book your Sale-a-Bration workshop, order some supplies, or join my team of Demonstrators. On that note, Welcome to Michelle and Karen who joined my team in January with the Sale-a-Bration promotion..... What a great deal with 10% off the kit thanks to the Scrapbook Creations promotion, plus an extra free stamp set of any value from the current catalogues! Up to $670 worth of products for only $291.60!

The idea for this card was taken from 2 girls in the Elite Stampers team - check out Jayne Mercer's blog (click on Elite Stampers in my favourites list to find her - it is called {ME}) and my lovely upline Linda Higgins' blog (click on the link in my favourites list). Gable Green base card, with the Jumbo wheel Flitting By rolled in the same coloured ink up one side. A strip of Basic Black punched up either side with the Spiral Punch from the Summer Mini Catalogue to look like a film strip, then the butterfly image from the Sale-a-Bration set Merci, watercoloured with the Pink Passion and Gable Green inks and Aquapainters. A touch of Dazzling Diamonds glitter on the bodies and wings, and a large black oval layered under the small oval stamped in Basic Black with the word Sparkle form the Warm Words set. Pink Passion flowers edge the oval, plus more Dazzling Diamonds and some Black grosgrain ribbon to finish...... It's a birthday card for my 7yo niece, Izobelle. Hi Izy! Happy Birthday sweetie!

This is a close up of Sparkle, so you can catch the glitter dazzling in the sun... Yes! The sun did come out briefly for me to take these photos!
All images are © Stampin' Up! 1990 - 2008.

And THIS card.............. From my very own Valentine! My wonderful husband made this card whilst I was at the gym on Valentine's Day night.... What a sweetie! The kids helped him out, and told him how and what to use.... He matched all the colours with the Loves Me paper from the Summer Mini all by himself, chose a stamp set or two, and even used dimensionals! He was particularly wanting me to take note of the fact he used patterned paper and dimensionals! What a clever Valentine he is! Do you think he is up to running a workshop or teaching a class yet?
Meanwhile, get your orders in, book your workshop today or get some info on joining my team of Demonstrators by contacting me at cherylandrews@optusnet.com.au . Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am impressed with your hubby! Did you send him to husband-university? I may need to send mine there!
I love your Merci card. It looks great! Keep up the great work!