Friday, January 11, 2008

Sale-a-Bration



Sale-a-Bration is well under way, and I'm not the only one who has already benefited from the free stamp sets on offer! Have a peek here at the beautiful sets you can earn simply by purchasing $100 worth of product! As a hostess, you also earn great benefits when your workshop sales exceed $600. And if you are wanting to join my wonderful team of demonstrators, either as a hobby, to feed your own stampin' addiction, or to run a successful and rewarding business, during Sale-a-Bration you can choose an extra stamp set of any value to go in the already fabulous value Starter Kit! Everybody wins in January and February!




So here are some things I have been making so far with one of the Sale-a-Bration sets - Friendship Blooms.



I made this at a fellow demonstrator's house for a stampin' get together. (Hi Jayne!) I challenged myself to use a colour or two that I rarely ever choose - Cameo Coral from the Earth Elements range, and Blush Blossom from the Soft Subtles range. Both colours are actually quite lovely when used in the appropriate setting, I decided! So here is my creative effort - Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Cameo Coral and Blush Blossom card stock, Cameo Coral, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla ink, Dimensionals (the flowers stand up on the base card) and the paper piercing mat and template.






This cute little card is one of the Vanilla pocket notes from the Summer Mini Catalogue. I have used some Pale Plum card stock, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum and Certainly celery ink, the 3mm handheld circle punch, a mini glue dot, and the Dazzling Diamonds glitter. (See the sparkly centre in the flower?) I also used the Perfect Plum Marker to isolate the word 'friendship' from the sentiment stamp. (You can see the sentiment in the above picture)















This is one of the Pretty in Pink pocket notes. My Secret Santa from Angela's demonstrator forum sent me in my parcel some stamped images of the Friendship Blossoms set (among other things - Thanx Marelle!! Big kiss...) and so I got to play before I even got my own set! I watercoloured the 2 flowers (one big, one tiny) in Regal Rose and So Saffron. I cut them out, and layered the tiny one on the big one, securing with an Always Artichoke brad. The leaves are watercoloured with Always Artichoke. The sentiment is from the Summer Mini Catalogue set, Small Sayings, as is the teeny weeny flower stamped on the envelope and across the bottom of the pocket card. I have used: Basic Black and So Saffron card stock (Marelle stamped the images in black on Whisper White), Basic Black, Regal Rose, So Saffron and Always Artichoke ink, the paper piercing template and mat, and the corner rounder punch.



These next two are using the sets I have from the Summer Mini Catalogue - just in case you wanted some more reason to own them yourself!




This is the Chocolate Chip pocket note - the third colour in the available range for these - and I have used the leaves from Carte Postale stamped in Very Vanilla ink on the pocket note, and in Chocolate Chip on the envelope. The sentiment is from a level 1 hostess set called Warmest Regards, and I have used some Very Vanilla card stock with some Creamy Caramel card stock. I overstamped the swirl from Carte Postale in Creamy Caramel on the leaf image on the envelope, and added some Cream Grosgrain Ribbon with a tiny buckle from the Aged Copper Hodgepodge tin. It has been given to a male friend of ours - a good Man card I think! Not too girly!










This card uses Big Blooms from the Summer Mini. I love this set - it just lends itself to bold, bright, strong colours! Well, I think so anyway! I will have to challenge myself to use earthy or subtle colours now..... Meanwhile, here I have used Elegant Eggplant, Summer Sun and Whisper White card stock. The inks are Summer Sun, Rose Red, Elegant Eggplant, Orchid Opulance and Pixie Pink. I have used a technique called Rock 'n' Roll on the 3 Big flowers, and I've used my 2 oval punches for the sentiment, and some gold cord to finish it off. The sentiment is from Small Sayings, as is the teeny weeny flowers in the centre of the flowers on either end.
Hope you like my holiday creations! Remember to email me on cherylandrews@optusnet.com.au to place and order, book a workshop, or get some information about being a demonstrator on my team!