Friday, August 08, 2008

Class reminders

Yes, I know - I seem to post in batches with gaps in between.... I guess I have to take the time when I find it! I have also rearranged my creating area, so am feeling less cluttered and more inspired... ;-)
Just a quick reminder about the upcoming classes I have - still some spots left for Scrapbooking with new Spring Mini Catalogue products next Thursday 14th August, 7:30pm at my place - email for the address cherylandrews@optusnet.com.au if you don't have it. For those already coming, (and those who want to book in!) it will be a 12x12 layout for $10, using the new die cuts, Summer Picnic designer paper, Hodgepodge Hardware and stamps and punches. So the colours will be Old Olive, Bashful Blue, Real Red and Pumkin Pie. (check out the Mini catalogue page 10 and 12 for an idea of the colours. The cover gives a good indication too!) Suitable for boy or girl pages. We will be focussing on journalling, ie, the importance of journalling, styles, what to write etc.... 2 larger photos, or 1 large and 2 small are all you will need.... Convert to black and white, or bring photos that will work with the colour scheme... or leave your photos at home and create the page for adding photos to later...

Here is a card I made for my Dad for his birthday in July. I struggle with man cards, but this one he really loved! He usually says thanks etc, but this time he was impressed!!!! Might have to make more for Fathers' Day! Not for him of course... I will have to come up with another for him...
I have used Touch of Nature (the bird), One of a Kind (the sentiment) and Be Happy (the dotty tag). It's funny how some cards come together... this card was literally scraps lying around on my desk! Taken with Teal, Soft Sky, Very Vanilla and Creamy Caramel card stock, Watercolour paper, Stazon ink, Taken with Teal, Creamy Caramel, Going Grey, Basic Grey, More Mustard ink, Basic Grey Taffeta ribbon, eyelets, crimper, aquapainters, crop-a-dile, cutter kit, envelope.... all sitting around on my desk, unconnected in any way! All images are © Stampin' Up!® 1990 - 2008, and artwork is by Cheryl Andrews (me!) for your enjoyment and inspiration....

1 comment:

Angela Sargeant said...

Oh WOW! This is absolutely GORGEOUS Cheryl. I love it! I'm sure your Dad was very impressed.