Monday, August 25, 2008

Oh..... My...... Goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last night I arrived home from the Stampin' Up!® Incentive Trip to Palm Cove (up near Cairns in lusciously warm QLD). I have to say, that even though I knew I was going to be spoiled rotten, I really did not understand the concept fully!!! Right from the word go, all stops were out to make sure we were looked after.... from presents every day left sneakily in our rooms (like Santa!) to the amazing resort we stayed in, to sumptuous meals, wonderful friends new and old, fabulous trips to surrounding attractions, eating dinner with real live lions (!!) and spending time getting to know other fabulous Australian and New Zealand demonstrators, it is a trip that I will NEVER forget!! Here are some pics.... stay tuned for more!
Here is the group of 25 of us plus Shelli (the CEO in Utah, USA). Shelli is in yellow, 2nd from the left in front. I am up the back, 4th one in.
This is our apartment... just beautiful! We stayed at the Angsana Resort and Spa in Palm Cove. I have NEVER stayed anywhere so nice! If you can ever afford such luxury, this place is a good place to go! That kitchen bench in the first picture is where my gifts were put every day..... I felt like a kid at Christmas!
This lion was sitting, pacing, fighting and roaring right beside us as we ate our Farewell dinner on the last evening. We literally ate our meal hemmed in on 3 sides by lion enclosures, with the lions mere centimetres away, separated from us by a hurricane wire mesh fence, and an electrified cable just beyond it... We could have stuck our hands through the wire and patted them!!! We of course chose instead to keep our limbs permanently attached to our bodies... It was an amazing experience! The zoo we visited was up in the Atherton Tablelands, the Cairns Wildlife Safari Reserve. I want to go again and take the kids! It was great!

I will post more soon.... I have an underwater disposable camera to develop, plus photos to get from others who got different or better shots than me.... Also, I want to show you some of the presents we got, and the things we made in our stamping session... need to take daylight photos to do them justice though.
I am still feeling like it was all a dream, but I was really there! Quite surreal.

Until then!

No comments: