Thursday, September 04, 2008

Fathers' Day

OK, I am still working on the photos from the Incentive Trip.... I am trying to add a slideshow, but being computer challenged means it takes me 3 times as long to sort it out..... AAAAAAnyway.... It is Fathers' Day this Sunday (and my husband's birthday too!!) so I wanted to share this really cool card I found on Jackie Topa's site.... she has lots of different tutorials for some excellent ideas! This is just one of them... I have used Basic Black and Old Olive card stock, Dashing and Fall Flowers double sided designer series paper, Purely Pomegranate Satin Ribbon (mmm yummy!) and some black buttons. The Old Olive stamped image on the envelopes is from the Baroque Motifs stamp set, and I have repeated it on the inside of the cards (which you of course cannot see in the picture!) It was really easy to follow Jackie's instructions, making a couple of great cards for 2 of the great men in my family's life - my Dad, and my Dad-in-law.... Hmmm. Will have to come up with a design for my Darling Husband too!!!! He is also one of the greats in this family!!!!

Now I only added stamping because this card actually involved none! What a sacrilege! ;o) Basic Black and Old Olive card stock, black buttons, Pure Pomegranate satin ribbon (mmmm, yummy!), Dashing designer series paper, and Fall Flowers designer series paper. I think the Dashing paper would have looked better if I had oriented it the other way making the red dots and green stripes going across the shirt rather than down the shirt, therefore making them symetrical. Never mind! I then stamped the big swirl from Baroque Motifs in Old Olive ink both inside the card and on the envelope.

Hope your Fathers' Day was wonderful!

3 comments:

Carol Dunstan said...

These are fantastic Cheryl, the stain ribbon for a tie works so well!

Alana Galagher said...

Cheryl - these cards are sooo cute. I love the satin tie!!

Melissa Garland said...

I couldn't see these before for some reason. Now I can. I love them.