Friday, September 12, 2008

Christmas Stationery Tote class

Hello all!!! I have made an example of this stationery tote that I found on Jacki Topa's site (see my Father's day card post below for the link to her site) and took some pics to upload for you all... It was actually a gift for my friend Nicola for her birthday... Happy Birthday Nicola! It is so cute! You can see the different pockets in the birds' eye view that all the cards, love notes and tags fit into... I am running a class on how to make this one on Wednesday 1st October, but we will be doing a Christmas themed one. I'll make that example next! Email me ASAP if you want to learn how - details in the side bar on the right.
This is the tote closed up. Once again, the Summer Picnic double sided designer series paper features! I have also used Pumkin Pie card stock, Bashful Blue card stock, Real Red card stock, Real Red wide grosgrain ribbon, Rhinstone Circle brads (Ice) and some linen thread.
Here it is with the lid off, and the front open. It is so clever how the front folds down, with the pockets for the cards upright at the back, and the notebook, pen and postage stamp pocket on the flat section.
Here is the birds' eye view... with the cards displayed around it. I have fitted 4 standard cards (top right) in the back pocket, 4 Love Note sized cards (far left) in the front left pocket and 4 gift tag cards (bottom right) in the front right pocket. I went to the post office (where I saw Sue, Katrina and Bek!! Hi girls!) and bought some postage stamps on a strip to fold up and slip into the postage stamp pocket. I cut up some lined paper and made the notebook with some Real Red brads to hold it together. Each of the cards was very quick - a basic folded card with a layer of white card stock or the Summer Picnic paper, some ribbon or brads to embellish, and the Scallop Circle punch, other circle punches, Boho Blossoms punch and Die Cut flowers to put them together. Various sentiments from several sets stamped in Old Olive ink complete them nicely! Cool hey!
All products are available to buy through me (email orders are very welcome) and all products are © Stampin' Up® 1990 - 2008. I copied the instructions from Jacki Topa (a Canadian demonstrator) and the artwork is my own for your enjoyment and inspiration.

1 comment:

Laura Lawrence said...

Cheryl,

That is great! I can't believe so much fits in that box! Great job.

Laura
www.creativestampinup.blogspot.com

(I'm in the USA!)