Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Bling Bling!!!!

I had to just quickly show you.... and it looks MUCH better in real life.... how I blinged my Stampin' Up!® Linen Album. Using the new Sticky Cuts double sided sticky shapes, I have stuck a flower to the front of my album... next I peeled the protective layer off, (stem first) and poured the new Supernova Fine Glitter in Olive over it, pressed it into the shape and tipped it off. Then the flower - first I peeled one petal at a time, and snipped it off leaving a centre piece intact... then poured Pink glitter. Next I peeled away the centre piece, and stuck down another shape - the heart - in the middle. Orange glitter made a nice complement, and then I peeled away the heart protective layer and poured Chocolate glitter on.... I felt that the glitter would not be durable in my Workshop Bag, although I have other glitter projects that are fine for display etc, so I carefully covered all the glittery bits in Crystal Effects - a lovely shiny goopy stuff that dries clear, leaving a raised glossy finish... I love it! I tied some of the 1" Double Stitched grosgrain around the album too... I did steal the idea from my upline Linda! Check out her blog here. I think she stole the idea from someone else.... But hey! It's a great idea!

No comments: