Thursday, July 02, 2009

July classes...

Hey all! Hope you haven't missed me too much... ;o) We've had a hectic and sad month with my Dad being in hospital (he will be ok) and the passing of Craig's Grandma (she has been frail and ill for a long time). Meanwhile, I have been creating, so I will put some pics up to show you!
If you host a workshop in July, and you reach sales of $600 or more, you will get extra freebies! $40 extra in fact! So a $600 workshop will not only earn you the usual free level 2 hostess set, but your total free product will be $110 instead of $70... so email me on cherylandrews@optusnet.com.au to book your workshop. Also, the new Mini is due to be released in August, so there's even more reasons to host a workshop and earn some free products. Check out the side bar on the right for my class dates too....
My downline, Kelly, and I made this 'chocolate' cake for Kelly's downline Nicole for her baby shower. We used Nursery Necesseties stamp set in Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Almost Amethyst, Bashful Blue and So Saffron to decorate it, plus the Heart to Heart and Large and Small Star punches... Each cake slice is made with Close to Cocoa card stock, and makes a sweet little triangular box which we stuffed with all things baby - singlets, socks, power outlet protectors, Panadol..... We tied the whole cake together with Bashful Blue 1" wide double stitched ribbon. We bought the curly ribbon decoration from the supermarket, but stuck punched hearts to it ourselves...

Now for the card!!! I made Nic a maternity bra card... now it does open to reveal all, (the aim was to surprise and amuse this first time mum!) but for more sensitive viewers, and for modesty's sake, I will only post the picture with the bra 'done up'. I don't want weirdos checking out my site after all!!! If you want more detail, just send me an email, and I will email you the other picture... ;o)
So I have traced the shape onto Blush Blossom card stock from a card my downline Kerry made for her sister who is an Intimo (lingerie) Consultant. The back is supposed to have a pair of knickers (as hers did) but for my purposes, I only needed the bra. The Bella Bleu Designer Series Paper makes a lovely fabric for the bra, with Very Vanilla Taffeta ribbon and 2 strips of Close to Cocoa punched with the Eyelet Border punch to create the lace trim, finished with a Clear Rhinestone Brad in the centre. The left 'cup' is scored to fold down, (there is a little sign inside that says "Eat at Mama's") and tucks back into the strap to stay in place. It's a card that is a bit cheeky, but appropriate for a soon to be Mum I think! If only maternity bras WERE so pretty....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW Love your creations as always Cheryl....Love Bettina. xxx

Nerida said...

Great bra card cheryl, love the idea of the fold down cup!

Jeanne Couch said...

Hi Cheryl
I love this cake and card! Its fabulous!! I'd love to get the instructions for both... Well done.
Love Jeanne xxx

Courtenay Heuston said...

This is great - I love it