Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Bathroom Make-over...

Some of you may be aware of my recent and long winded bathroom saga, involving leaking showers, sagging floors, and insurance claims... We have finally got a functioning bathroom again, and I had a lovely time choosing fittings and accessories, including a new soap dispenser, toothbrush holder and toilet brush and holder.... In keeping with the Chocolate Chip and Whisper White theme of my new bathroom, I chose Chocolate accessories (on sale at 40% off from Myers! Yehaa!) and prettied them up with some of the Stampin' Up!® white rub-ons from the Planter Box pack... the pack has 2 sheets of rub-ons, the other sheet being in Chocolate Chip.... Hmmmmm.... Maybe I could put some rub-ons on the tiled walls? Maybe I will exercise restraint for now. Here are some pics of what I did do!

These are the soap dispenser and tumbler I use as a toothbrush/paste holder, with the rub-ons up the side.... Rub-ons are so easy to apply! You simply cut out the image you want, and take away the backing paper. Line up the image where you want it to be, and gently rub with the paddle-pop stick provided until the image is stuck down to your project. Gently lift off the paper the image was originally stuck to, and voila! I like to gently press the image all over to make sure it has adhered properly. Rub-ons are not suitable for items you will be washing, as they are not permanent in the dishwasher or with repeated washing. They work wonderfully on all kinds of surfaces from scrapbook pages, 3D items and cards to home decor including mirrors, frames and vases. Let me know some things you would like to decorate! I have decorated some drawer fronts in my craft room, a painted ceramic flower pot, and now my bathroom accessories.... I am itching to decorate some other things, but I am exercising self-control... if it doesn't move, PUT RUB-ONS ON IT! And then stamp it..... ;o)
Here is the toilet brush holder with a pretty matching flower.... And that is my new toilet. Lovely!

3 comments:

Nerida said...

Cheryl, very classy bathroom accessories! Perhaps you could start your own range ...

Anonymous said...

Chez, I have one word to say to you ~ Noice!!! Kez xxx

Parischic said...

Love this! Just used rub-ons myself on a 99c mug to make it my own to leave at work! Now where else....?