Friday, July 31, 2009

New baby.....

I love holding new babies.... their smell, their sweet soft heads.... Delicious! My friend and downline Mel has a brand new pink one! And I was honoured to meet her this week, and hold her. She is beautiful! Her name is Rebecca Grace. Welcome Little Bec!
I saw this wooden 'R' in Seaweed and Sand at Tuggerah, and I was itching to get it home so I could decorate it for Rebecca. It was already prepared for me, painted a lovely smooth white.
I covered it in a sheet of the striped DSP from the Sweet Always pack, and then with some offcuts and strips cut from Washington Apple, Sweet Always and Bella Rose DSP packs, I used the distressing tool from the Cutter Kit to razz the edges and layer each piece down one side. Next I pulled a thread in one side of the Pretty in Pink Taffeta Ribbon to make a ruffle, and made it stay with Crystal Effects (tape wasn't strong enough on it's own!). I stamped the flourish from Baroque Motifs in Riding Hood Red ink in a couple of places, and dyed 2 Pretties Kit flowers in Riding Hood Red and Pretty in Pink ink to layer down the bottom. I have also got some punched Riding Hood Red, Pretty in Pink and Pumkin Pie card stock flowers, using the Boho Blossoms punch, all finished with Pink Pirouette buttons from the Bouquet pack, Pumpkin Pie and Rose Red felt Flower Fusion flowers, Rhinestone brads, silver brads and half backed white pearls. I also used Tombow Multipurpose Adhesive and Mini Glue Dots.
All items are available through me from Stampin' Up!®, and images are © Stampin' Up!®. Artwork/design is mine. ;o) Hope you like it Rebecca!

No comments: