Sunday, July 01, 2007

And the Winner is.........

Hello Hello! How exciting! It's the 1st July and it would appear that we have a winner for the 'Around the Block' retired hostess set from the Stampin' Up!® 2006-2007 Idea Book and Catalogue.... Drumroll...... Congratulations to MICHELE JUTRISA from the Southern Highlands! Woo Hoo Michele! Thanks for subscribing to my blog, Lovey! It's definitely paid off for you..... I'll actually be seeing Deb on Friday, so I will give it to her then, and she can pass it on to you... (Hi Deb! Thanks Dearest.....;-))

So to all of you who subscribed, I am honoured and humbled that you think my blog is worth looking at more than once! I wish I had a free stamp set for all of you..... Instead, I have another card for you to look at....
I really love the set 'Roses in Winter'. I made this one for my Mother-in-law for her birthday. I've actually used the same sketch for quite a few cards, including baby cards and sympathy cards. I CASEd the sketch from a card the lovely Claire from Elite Stampers made for her new baby niece. You can see more of Claire's work in the Elite Challenges Blog, and check out her blog too - it's in the Elite Challenges Blogroll.... I have used......Apricot Appeal, Whisper White, Almost Amethyst card stock and ink, Mellow Moss ink, and Moss Gingham ribbon. I also used Everyday Flexible Phrases in addition to the Roses in Winter Set. The three quarter inch circle punch created the scalloped edge. All images © Stampin' Up! 1990-2007. You can make lots of different sized scalloped edges with the different sized circle punches, as well as the slit punch AND the corner rounder!!!! The corner rounder makes a more subtle curve..... very nice. I'll have to get me one of those!!
Don't lose heart now that the prize has been drawn, and you have not won.... I will have more competitions coming up very soon.....
For those of you who are local, I have two Stamp-a-Stack classes coming up in July..... the Class on the 12th (Thursday week at 7:30 pm) still has a couple of spots left, and the class on the 25th (a Wednesday night at 7:30pm) has spaces also.... be quick! I am waiting for confirmation from a few girls, so let me know to secure your place!!! We are making 6 Christmas cards (3 each of 2 designs) for $10.... There will be more every month now until Christmas, so you can build up your supply....
Happy Stampin', Cyber Friends!!!!

2 comments:

Melissa Garland said...

Very nice Cheryl, I love the colour combo. :-)

Melissa Garland said...

Noice! Love the colours you've chosen.